Wednesday, February 02, 2005

An everyday prayer.

As i open my Gmail account everyday, i seem to get an alert everyday from Mon - Fri. Since i've been busy blogging here and there, dropping lines everywhere, i ignored those alerts. And so as i opened to check and clear some emails, i click on one mail which titled "Today's Seed from E-MIN".

I clearly remember that i did not sign up for something like this. I thought it was spam. It turned out to be a message, an everyday free message provided by E-Min with a passage from the Bible, and a response that we might use as a prayer. It was clearly my mum's doing.

She took my email and sign up for me. It's obvious my mum knows me too well, that i would wake up in the morning, find myself rushing for time, cursing drivers who drive too slow that i will forget to pray until i sleep, and by then, i would be a little tired at times and fall asleep while praying. i like prayers to be long chats, rather than a formal prayer. But i do have chats with God throughout the day when i'm alone. If i'm ever alone.

How often it is, that busy lives, schedules, work, play, friends, partners, to have bits of your time, that we neglect Jesus and talking to him? And how often do we read the Bible? I guess E-Min would be a good way to do both, even if it is just random passages in the Bible. But i found the prayer to be very helpful, to serve as a reminder, to have the Lord letting you know that he is here and in control. I opened the email, dating back to 26th January and here is the passage and the subsequent response for us.

Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of theLORD. Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days,keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies. Turnfrom evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. (Psa 34:11-14 NIV)

Prayer: LORD, I know that there may be times when I cannot be atpeace with everyone because not everyone may be seeking peace, andtheir choices and actions can influence situations just like mine.But help me to always seek peace first, and when seeking peace andpursuing it requires a compromise of what I feel or want, help me tosurrender those feelings and desires to You, and trust that it honorsYou and strengthens our relationship when I do. In Jesus' name, Amen.

I love my mum. She's the greatest. Thank God for my mum!

Subscribe to to E-Min here